Friday, April 15, 2011

350,000+ Views on my YouTube OverTheShoulder Channel!


It started simply enough a few years ago when I began taking videos of random red carpet arrivals. I used a cheap Nikon Cool Pix attached to a mini-tripod. There was no real editing of the video. I would simply press the start and stop button when the celebrity entered and exited the viewfinder. The resulting videos are very raw. Most of the time all you hear are a bunch of screaming photographers competing with each other to get the people's attention.


I think to date 56 videos have been uploaded to the OverTheShoulder account on YouTube. I'm surprised by popularity of these videos. The quality is poor and they really aren't that entertaining. Nevertheless, the videos are averaging about 250-400 combined hits a day. Depending on the newscycle, some get as many as a 1000 hits a day. The video I posted with Jesse Johnson, Dakota Johnson, Antonio Banderas, Melanie Griffith and Tippi Hedren is approaching 50,000 total hits. 


My personal favorite is with Jackie Chan. It's about 4 minutes long- nothing but total chaos in front of the camera. 


Found it- here it is...




I can't remember the last time I uploaded a video. I may start it up again. My cheap little Nikon died last year so I'll need to get new one.







No comments:

Post a Comment