Sunday, March 4, 2012

Photographing Basketball: CIF Southern Section Division V-AA Boys & Girls Hoops


Photos from yesterday’s CIF Southern Section Division V-AA Boys & Girls hoops in Santa Ana at Mater Dei HS for the Daily Breeze/Long Beach Press Telegram. For the boys, St. Bernard took on the Ribet Fightin’ Frogs (I like the bright green uniforms, by the way). St Bernard won this game. For the girls, Avalon went up against Rolling Hills Prep. Avalon put up a good fight, but lost.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I really like shooting down from the bleachers. I may be missing out on some good under the basket actions pics, but I think it gives me a better opportunity for a variety of shots. There’s no way I would have gotten the one player leaping over the other from center court, or the winning celebration pics.  By the way, that’s Ribet player #11 Brandon Robinson leaping over St. Bernard player #1 Lance Booker in the 3rd quarter.

All photos © Mark Savage















No comments:

Post a Comment