Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From The Archive- Actress Rachel Miner


© MARK SAVAGE/CORBIS
Lateral thinking. I get an email from my friend Johnny from Pennsylvania. We met in 2007 when I was in Tulsa covering the Tulsarama time capsule opening of a 1957 Belvedere. I should post some of those pictures one of these days- great stuff. Anyway, remembering the photographer Larry Clark and his 1971 documentary, “Tulsa” which was such a ground breaking piece of work influencing both photographers and movie directors alike.  I love the movie Clark directed, Bully (2001). I’ve seen it several times. A great ensemble: Brad Renfro, Nick Stahl, Bijou Phillips, Rachel Miner – and such a fine performance by Rachel Miner. She has a striking presence. Do I have a photo of her?? Yes… 

No comments:

Post a Comment