Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shock! Kathy Griffin Swears Live On CNN NYE



I was going to wait until Monday before I resumed blogging, but I couldn't resist this funny news item. And while it's January 2, there are still well over 300 news outlets/blogs reporting on Kathy Griffin cussing the second year in a row during the CNN's NYE live broadcast with co-host Anderson Cooper from Times Square. 

What cracks me up is the network response. From the Washington Post

...The network said in a statement Friday that it "regrets that profanity was used during our New Year's Eve coverage."...


C'mon... although we all know they have to say this publicly, we also know CNN is loving the ratings/publicity/web hits.

Will CNN be fined? My guess is no. Will Griffin return next year same place, same time to co-host with Anderson Cooper? My guess is yes. Will Kathy Griffin cuss again? Of course.
© MARK SAVAGE/CORBIS

No comments:

Post a Comment